The Museum Shop has decades of experience in fine custom framing; in fact, we first began in the framing business in 1962 as one of the first five picture framers in the Washington, DC area. Our goal has always been to provide framing which is not only functional in helping to conserve your artwork, but also enhances the beauty of the piece, whether it be a painting, etching, lithograph, drawing, photograph, drawing, or … anything else that you need framed!
In addition, we provide frame repair and enhancement services, including 23K gold-leaf gilding (and re-gilding).
- A wide variety of metal, wood, and ornamental frames
- High-quality museum ragboard (100% acid free) matting
- UV glass to filter out damaging ultraviolet rays
- 23K gold-leaf, hand-carved frames, such as those found in museums
- Custom frames for the preservation and proper display of textiles
- Round-cornered frames for an “Asian” look
- Japanese hinging to museum ragboard (100% acid free)
- Plexiglas display cases for special or odd-shaped items