In addition to fine artwork, The Museum Shop offers a wide range of repair and restoration services. Richard Kornemann is a highly-recommended restorer of paintings, Japanese prints, and documents with over fifty years of experience in various conservation techniques. His services have been recommended by the National Gallery of Art, the National Society Daughters of the Revolution, and the Freer Gallery, among others.
In addition, The Museum Shop began providing fine custom framing services in 1962. At the time, they were one of the Nation’s Capital’s first five picture framers, which makes them now one of the most experienced in the DC area!
Services Offered Include:
- Restoration of Oil Paintings and Other Artwork
- Repair and Conservation of Documents
- Custom Framing & Frame Repair
- In-Home or In-Office Artwork Consultation Services
- Rare Japanese Print Restoration
- Restoration of Photographs
- Opinions of Value